Monday, August 21, 2006

Band Meme

A meme, (noun) as I have just learned is defined as a unit of cultural information.
Stumbled across a book meme at comrade armaniac's website. And now I'm tagged to do one? Well since you probably care less -if possible- about my love for Cervantes than about my taste in music -this indeed being the purpose of this site- I'll modify it slightly to suit my purposes.

1. One band you have seen more than once

The Triangles. I really don't know why I love the Triangles so much, I hate just about everything about them. They're young, clean cut, well mannered and just have such a great attitude. They play happy, colourful pop songs with an array of different instruments and paraphernalia. Once when I saw them they handed out lamingtons to everyone. Another time they had balloons decorating the stage shaped like birds and a big picture of Aslan out front. Yes, they even met on a Christian youth camp.

Just delightful, really.

2. One band you would want on a desert island

I'm going to have to go with the Young Professionals on this one. Those girls are really, really hot. I think I'm most in love with the bass player...

Oh, and the music of course.

3. One band that made you laugh

This songs about rock and roll. It's called... Lets Rock!

Airbourne. Remember them. They're still rocking it oud old style in hilariously comic fashion.

I've got my Harley round back and my girls out front. This songs called... Lets ride!


4. One band that made you cry

As above, on finding out they had scored the biggest Australian contract for a previously unsigned Australian band.

5. One song I wish I had written

Deep water by the Dirty Three. Really just beautiful.

6. One band I wish had never existed

Jet. Overhyped, uninspired, derivative bollocks. These poseurs shamelessly rip off about every great rock band and yet they still manage to suck.

7. One book I am currently reading

I couldn't think how to set this question to music.

I've just started One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez after finally concluding a protracted campaign against the long and convoluted -yeah it's rubbed off- Tristram Shandy.

8. One band I have been meaning to see

Sodastream sound pretty good from what Russ tells me.

9. One band that changed my life

I don't know about life changing but the Dirty Three and the Necks both had a pretty big effect on me. Are you guys familiar with the Necks? Maybe I should write about them some time.

10. Now tag 5 people

If you're one of the first five people to read this, then sorry you're tagged as they say. Now you have to make one of these lists. Or don't, whatever.

4 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Well from detailed analysis of my internet sitemeter machine I can infer that you were indeed the 5th visitor to be tagged on this site. Sorry russ.
As for Cervantes, sure it was long and painful and I often skipped over long discourses. But it was also a work of complete genius. From Quixote's misguided nobility to Sancho Panca's diverting dimwittery it was hilarious.

And a provisional yes to the Sodastream question.

7:25 AM  
Blogger ManicLovely said...

Ugh, I couldn't even focus on reading the task at hand let alone DOING it. Is there a manic-friendly version?

11:26 PM  
Blogger James said...

Sure, just don't do it.

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work guys. Good resources here, very useful. Your web site is helpful. I will bookmark!
- april-march.blogspot.com q
07 car civic honda
buy used car
car undefined used
used car bergen
used car oakland
used car greensboro
used car raleigh
used car killeen
used car vallejo
used car tacoma

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home