Saturday, July 01, 2006

Clinkerfield and Khancoban

Though I arrived at the old bar as Clinkerfield were finishing their set I saw enough of them to justify and extrapolate a fairly favourable review. My memory’s a little hazy, as by this stage of the evening I was no doubt a little drunk so I can’t really give specific details. But you see, Clinkerfield are one of those uh… good… interesting… sort of bands. You can find some reviews of them on their site here, a profile of them on another site absurdly claims they are a wonkavating, manic-rock, alt-country conundrum, I think that wonkavating means crazy chocolaty fun, what do you think. So you’ll just have to take my word for it and go see them. See Khancoban too, those guys had a lot of guitar noise and I think one guy was playing the lap slide but with a table top covered in effects and they were doing a sort of alt-country thing with some post rock sounds I thought and uh... So yeah, terribly sorry.

If anyone wants to help me out actually knowing anything about these two bands then please comment, I would be most obliged.

1 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Thanks Russ, I look forward to your review.

1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home